richmond_goarmy_728x90
Track and Field
Recent and archived stories about the University of Richmond's men's and women's track and field teams.
Apr 7, 2014, 5:22 pm
Men’s track runners place in Monument 10K

Richmond coaches founded the Collegiate Running Association to keep college runners competing outside of cross-country season. Matt McKenna placed fifth and won $600.

Apr 16, 2013, 7:59 pm
Richmond alumnus runs Boston Marathon, unharmed by explosions

Former Richmond track and cross country runner Jeff Watson, ’03, ran the Boston Marathon, finished and was back in his hotel room when the explosions occurred.

Apr 16, 2013, 5:21 pm
No reported injured Spiders from marathon explosions

Many with Richmond connections were at Monday’s Boston Marathon, where two explosions went off near the finish line. No UR connections have been reported hurt.

Apr 1, 2013, 10:15 pm
Men’s track and field team compete in final home meet
»By

The men’s track and field team ran with more passion than ever in the eigth annual Fred Hardy Invitational meet, competing in their final home meet as a program.

Feb 21, 2013, 1:22 am
Varsity athletic roster spots left unaccounted for

Twenty-nine varsity roster spots remain unaccounted for after the men’s soccer and men’s indoor and outdoor track teams were replaced with men’s lacrosse.

Feb 19, 2013, 4:09 pm
Women’s track wins four races at A-10 indoor championships
»By

Richmond women’s track team won 4 races at the A-10 indoor championships in Rhode Island, including setting a new A-10 record in the 4 x 800 meter relay.

Dec 20, 2012, 5:45 pm
Bobby Ukrop resigns from Board of Trustees

Bobby Ukrop has resigned from the Board of Trustees, with those close to the situation citing lack of transparency in the soccer and track cuts as the reason.

Dec 7, 2012, 5:34 pm
Board of Trustees affirms sports cuts, doesn’t vote again

Despite board member Bobby Ukrop’s presentation at Friday’s Board of Trustees meeting, no additional vote was made on the cutting of men’s soccer and track.

Dec 6, 2012, 7:44 pm
Students protest reconfiguration at Board of Trustees luncheon

Bobby Ukrop will present the UR Board of Trustees with an argument in favor of reinstating the men’s soccer and track teams at Friday’s board meeting.

Nov 2, 2012, 5:52 pm
Soccer alumni will fight on following press conference

The Carry the Flag team held a press conference Friday to discuss the contradictions and deceit of the Richmond administration in the sports cuts.

Andrew Benford races during the men's 3,000-meter run at the Atlantic 10 Indoor Track and Field Championships at the University of Rhode Island on Saturday, Feb. 19, 2011. (Daniel Petty for the Atlantic 10)
Andrew Benford U.S. Mountain Running
Nicol Traynor
Nicol Traynor