UR-Congratulatory-Ad-2014(1)
Club and Intramural
Recent and archived stories about the University of Richmond's club and intramural teams.
Apr 6, 2014, 1:55 pm
Richmond team to compete in Quidditch World Cup

Richmond sent a team of 21 players to compete in the Quidditch World Cup in Myrtle Beach, S.C. The Richmond team was undefeated in the qualification round.

Apr 6, 2014, 1:47 pm
Equestrian team to compete in zone finals

Kristen Bailey, co-president of URET, will be competing in the novice over fences division. Barbie Savani will be competing in the open flat division.

Apr 3, 2014, 3:18 pm
Richmond synchro places 10th at nationals
»By

The Richmond synchronized swimming team put on an award-winning performance at the national competition in Ohio. With just three members, the team is a tight-knit, high-performing group.

Feb 12, 2014, 8:46 pm
Senior breaks scoring record in club ice hockey

Senior Ben Weisburger of the men’s club ice hockey team set the record for points made in a career at a game on January 31.

Nov 20, 2013, 10:48 pm
Club Crew excels in fall regattas, eager for spring season
»By

Many crew members had never rowed until college, and leaders of the club are hoping for more novices to express interest before the end of the year.

Sep 11, 2013, 9:51 pm
Former varsity soccer players finding new activities
»By

After the varsity soccer program dissipated last fall, former members have found new ways to stay and shape and continue to play, participating in IMs.

Apr 17, 2013, 9:22 pm
Quidditch team loses in fourth game at World Cup
»By

Sports assistant Jeremy Day reflects on the quidditch team’s run at the Quidditch World Championships this past weekend, and what the team has meant to him.

Apr 10, 2013, 11:57 pm
Equestrian team president places sixth in IHSA Zone Finals

Senior Caroline Elia reached her four-year goal of qualifying for IHSA finals, becoming the first member of the equestrian team to qualify for zones since 2010.

Feb 19, 2013, 7:33 pm
Three equestrian team members qualify for regionals

Richmond equestrian team members Caroline Elia, Christina Cribari and Erin Flynn qualified for regionals with their performances during the regular season.

Feb 9, 2013, 11:22 pm
Synchronized swim meet brings high finishes and large crowds

Ohio State, the number one team in the country, won all four competitions at Saturday’s synchronized swim meet in Richmond, but UR had a couple high finishes.